Pages

Saturday, April 1, 2017

Another Saturday Night...

Hey there everyone.. 
So glad you dropped by the Blessed Hearth on this another Saturday night.. 
It is a cool and clear out there this evening.. 
First of all I want to thank you all for your lovely best wishes for our anniversary that you all sent either here, Face Book or email.. 
We really appreciate it..  
On Thursday Terry and I met Shonda for a lovely visit in Sussex.. 
Terry dropped me off and Shonda and I did a little shopping.. 
She gifted us with this beautiful double bouquet.. 

Yellow roses (my fave), tulips and two Hyacinths .. 
So beautiful.. 
I looked up the spelling of the word Hyacinths and found this little quote... 

"If, of thy mortal goods, thou art bereft, 
And from thy slender store two loaves 
alone to thee are left, 
Sell one & from the dole, 
Buy Hyacinths to feed the soul" 
- Muslihuddin Sadi, 
13th Century Persian Poet 
Sweet, eh?  

Terry and I took a little trip to St. Martins to celebrate our anniversary last weekend.. 
It was lovely to visit the Bay of Fundy.. 

Lots of ice around the caves.. 

We travelled a little further and went to the spring for a few bottles of water.. 

A little snow in the woods..

He is a good man!  smile.. 

Yesterday, we had Mom and Gerald over for lunch.. 

Mom loves tomato soup so I opened a quart of soup that I had canned last Fall... 

Just had to add a bit of milk and a cube of frozen Basil Pesto.. 
Along with a few homemade garlic croutons and she was a happy woman.. 
Don't tell her I told you but she had 3 bowls.. 
But she did not have dessert.. grin

Shonda and I went to Taste and See for lunch and it was simply delicious!  
Shonda had a serving of coleslaw with her's and she gave me a taste so I could see if I liked it.. grin.. 
I loved it as it was flavoured with cumin! 

So for lunch with Mom I made a bowl of coleslaw and made a stab at making Cumin dressing... 

It was a hit.. 
I am not saying that it was as good as their's but I will certainly be making it again.. 

In the morning I made another Chocolate Banana Bread that I posted about a bit ago and tried a new recipe for Apple Cake.. 

I was not thrilled with it so I will not link to the recipe.. 

Nonetheless it still was eaten... smile.. 

Another pic of my fave view here at home.. 
When I say here at home I mean our area.. A couple of miles away!  Not in front of my house, sorry to say!  
I was trying to differentiate that it was not at the farm or cottage but here where we actually call home...  

Isn't it lovely? 
I would love to live right on top of this hill, though..smile.. 

Making a bit of bread.. 
Made croutons with the last bit of it.. 

I was wondering if any of you sweet girls would know the name of this plant.. 


I bought it last year at a yard sale and just love it.. 
I need to get a few hanging plant holders and put them up... 

My fennel is up that we planted but no peppers yet, Kathy... smile.. 
They take a bit, I guess and I am still waiting for my Celeriac... 
All in due time, I guess.. 

One of our meals last week..  
Shrimp and Pasta .. 
A meal I made for Terry to celebrate here at home.. 
We always pick this menu for some reason.. 

This is a little something I am working on for Spring decor.. 

Will take a few pics when it is finished.. 
I visited Michaels  to buy some tulips and started discussing decor with a perfect stranger and ended up exchanging phone numbers.. 
So amazing when you meet a kindred spirit and know right off the top that you will be friends.. smile.. 

Well, dear hearts this is it for another Saturday.. 
The Lord's Day tomorrow.... 

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your sweet notes.. 
I will leave you with one of my go to verses... 

Philippeans 4:7
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus..

xo


18 comments:

  1. Your food photos always make me hungry! The tulips are lovely, I can't wait to see what you do with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peppers can take 3-5 weeks to come up. ....love your flowers!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good evening Faye...I am really enjoying your "Saturday night posts" ☺Love the view you have from home; I Haven't heard of Taste and See...is it in Moncton? You always make such nice meals and have great pictures of your cooking...you could have a cookbook! Hope you post your coleslaw recipe... sounds good. I suppose your thoughts will soon be about the farm.... do you plan on spending the summer ? Have a Blessed Sundày. Cheryl (F'ton)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello dear Cheryl... I hope I didn't confuse people that I wake up to the lovely view every morning.. I just meant it was here at our home space and not the farm or cottage... I expect you know that anyway as you have been following the blog for quite some time.. grin... Yes, I believe we are going to the farm as Terry has picked up chicken flyers and planted cabbage and such.. But to get a absolute answer from him is like trying to pull hen's teeth.. lol.. Some morning he will wake up and say that he guesses we will go to the farm today and that will be that.. lol.. Not quite that bad but almost.. Thanks for visiting and being so faithful Cheryl... xo

      Delete
  4. I'm glad you had a nice drive to enjoy your anniversary. Amazing that you still have snow. brrrr...that ice makes me chilly on the coast! :-> I ate a delicious lunch with a friend and her step-mom this afternoon after we went shopping for plants at an event. Food was delicious. We both had cod sandwiches which were so good. Then Carrie paid for it all. How sweet! She's fun to work with too! The pub and grill we ate in is in a bldg built in 1913. So nice! I need to make banana bread very soon! Have a blessed Sunday, my friend.
    http://grandmabeckyl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Dearie...... Love the look of your tomato soup. Can imagine how much Mom loved it!!!!Glad you had a wonderful anniversary. Ours is coming up! 52 years!!!! I can not believe it! Maybe a trip to Paris would be nice???? I always thought it would but I can't even get to Rochester, NY these days. I have had a lot of plants over the year but do not know what the name of your plant is. I have seen it before but do not know the name. Sorry. Can't wait to see your tulip arrangement! I love to arrange flowers. My Mom told me years ago that I could have been a florist! Nice to read your post. Glad all is okay. God bless....

    L...
    S...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too love your Saturday posts, or any day!
    The tulips are lovely!
    The pasta looks good, but I would pair it with chicken instead.
    Loved your view!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another lovely glimpse into your life.
    Is your plant maybe a Tradescantia?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you had a wonderful anniversary Faye! You make everything special!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another lovely post, you never disappoint, Faye. {{{smiles}}}

    Hope you have beautiful day, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A Lovely post as always. The food looks delicious, especially that tomato soup you made for your mom..yum. The flowers look beautiful and the pictures of the scenery looks cold :) Glad you had a great anniversary and time with Shonda. Enjoy a wonderful Lords Day today. Blessings my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think that plant is called rabbit or bunny ears.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think that plant is called rabbit or bunny ears.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your flowers are beautiful and as always I love the scenery pictures!!! No doubt I would enjoy the soup and coleslaw. Your Bible verse is one of my favorites. God Bless your week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely to catch up with you. Happy Anniversary! Glad you had a great time, the flowers are beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know I'm late for a very important date, but Happy Anniversary anyway!!
    And there are "our" pretty red transferware plates, right there in your header!! Since winter never got as far south as Texas, my red plates are being put away as we speak, in favor of the plain white ones that I use in the summer!
    Your tomato soup looks amazing, and I may have to check out the slaw idea!
    Blessings to you,
    J

    ReplyDelete
  16. The pictures of the caves with ice....wow! Beautiful. I can almost smell the bread and the soup it looks so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It is interesting to see your photo of the caves with ice clinging to the cliff sides. It looks cold there! I think our weather is finally changing to spring finally. It will be nice to see the snow gone. Take care and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete